Upper South Carolina State Fair Policies
To protect everyone's safety and security, we ask that all of our guests follow our rules and policies.
The Upper South Carolina State Fair is PRIVATE PROPERTY.
The Upper South Carolina State Fair reserves the right to search all packages, bags, strollers, clothing, cups, pocketbooks, briefcases, your person, and any other objects deemed to be a possible carrier of any prohibited item(s), destructive, or lethal device.
Weapons (Concealed Carry or Open Carried) are not allowed on the fairgrounds even if you are a Concealed Weapons Permit holder.
Persons wearing offensive or gang related clothing will not be allowed onto the fairgrounds.
The Upper South Carolina State Fair is under the jurisdiction of the Pickens County Sheriff's Department and the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Clear Bag Policy
To provide a safe, enjoyable environment for all attendees, the Upper South Carolina State Fair has a mandatory clear bag policy. This policy is similar to those implemented throughout the country, complying with a new level of security expected of large, heavily-attended events and festivals.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” — a logo no larger than 4.5” x 3.4” can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag [Ziploc bag or similar]
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” — approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- Clear fanny packs or back packs that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” — a logo no larger than 4.5” x 3.4” can be displayed on one side.
- Medically necessary items (after proper inspection)
- Diaper bags accompanied with a baby (after proper inspection).
All bags will be subject to search upon arrival and any bags that exceed the permitted size will not be allowed in.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses or clutch bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Backpacks that are not clear
- Binocular cases
- Camera cases
- Cinch/drawstring bags that are not clear
- Fanny packs that are not clear
- Tinted or printed pattern plastic bags
- Oversized bags (see size requirements)
- Mesh bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
Admission Policy for Minors Under the Age of 18
AFTER 7PM ON FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Anyone under 18 years old must purchase gate admission and hand stamp for unlimited rides, or, be accompanied by a parent of guardian 25 years or older.
After 7pm, anyone under 18 must enter gate 2 only unless accompanied by an adult 25 years of age or older to enter the fairgrounds.
We have the right to check ID.
Offensive Clothing Policy
Anyone wearing clothing or jewelry or other personal items that fair management deems offensive or gang-related will not be allowed on the fairgrounds. Exceptions and challenges will be answered at the discretion of fair management.
Items Not Permitted
- Selfie Sticks
- See list of prohibited bags in above clear bag policy
- Concealed Weapons (even by permit holders)
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Pets (except service animals, leashed on the campgrounds, or as part of an authorized act or exhibit)
- Tents (unless part of an authorized act or exhibit)
Drones and unmanned aircraft systems
Out of concern for our guests' safety drones and unmanned aircraft systems, not contracted by the Upper SC State Fair, are strictly forbidden.
Soliciting, selling raffle tickets, and posting handbills is strictly prohibited, and is in violation of state statutes and city ordinances.
Smoking/Vaping is strictly prohibited in these areas: Buildings, kiddieland, tents, livestock barns and surrounding areas, and the horse arena.
Code of Conduct
- Use proper trash and recycling receptacles.
- Appropriate attire required at all times (shirt and pants, shirt and skirt, or dress, and shoes).
- No alcoholic beverages permitted, including in parking lots.
- No backpacks.
- No concealed weapons (even by permit holders).
- No activities or behavior that could endanger or annoy others (skateboarding, roller blading, bicycling, radios, profanity).
- No exposed underwear or baggy pants below the waist.
- No outside food or beverages.
- No gang-related clothes, colors, signs, jewelry, or activities.
- No loitering, blocking storefronts, or walking groups that inconvenience others.
- No standing on chairs or benches.
- No pets, except service animals approved by the ADA, those leashed on the campgrounds, or those part of an authorized act or exhibit.
- No picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, or petitioning without approval from fair management.
- No smoking or vaping in any buildings, Kiddieland, viewing stands, tents, livestock barns and surrounding areas, or the horse arena.
Ticket Sales Policies
- All tickets, wristbands, and coupons become void after the last day of the fair.
Photo Policy (Attention Guests on the Fairgrounds)
Smile! Photo, video and audio may be taken for promotional purposes. By entering the Upper SC State Fairgrounds, you consent, waive all rights to royalties and release the Upper SC State Fair of any liability. You agree to your likeness used, published or reproduced in any and all media which can be used, now or in the future, for any purpose by or in connection with the Upper SC State Fair, its sponsors, organizers and providers. For additional information or to opt out of this agreement, consent, waiver and release, please visit guest services.